About Service Learning Class
All Upper School students are required to take “Service Learning”. Throughout the year, students perform service related projects and events at school and within the community.
- PACER Bully Prevention Activities – October 12 & 19, 2016 – Presentation with Middle & Upper School students
- Pink Out Day – October 24, 2016 – Middle & Upper School students wear pink and raise money to support breast cancer awareness.
- October 2015 – Students created a video to address and promote teen driver safety, and entered the video in the Celebrate My Drive grant competition sponsored by State Farm Insurance. – Students raised awareness for breast cancer, and contributed donations to the American Cancer Society. The class sold pink bracelets and held a Pink Out Day volleyball competition to raise money and promote awareness.
- September 2015 – Students landscaped a planting bed on the TA campus and planted boxwoods and beautiful mums.
- September 2015 – Students promoted the online fundraising challenge The Amazing Raise by producing a video asking people to support TA in The Amazing Raise.